article thumbnail

Study Highlights Gap Between Real and Perceived Diabetes Knowledge in Outpatient Nurses

Consult QD

trillion by 2030. The role of nurses in caring for and educating patients with diabetes continues to rise commensurately with the growing prevalence of the disease. Nearly 500 RNs, APRNs and LPNs who worked in an ambulatory Cleveland Clinic facility responded.

article thumbnail

Selecting a Nursing Program to Advance Your Career

American Nurse

The COVID pandemic and economic uncertainty post-pandemic negatively impacted nursing education program enrollments. An annual survey of 974 institutions, conducted by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), revealed a decrease in nursing program enrollments for the first time in recent history (AACN, 2023).

APRN 52
Insiders

Sign Up for our Newsletter

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nurses With DNP Degree Are Sorely Needed in Health Care and Education

Nurse.com

Registered nurses often seek licensure after completing a diploma program or earning an Associate Degree in Nursing(ADN) or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), according to Angela Renee Stewart, DNP, APRN, ACNP-BC, AOCNP, TTS, Clinical Assistant Professor at Baylor University, Louise Herrington School of Nursing.

article thumbnail

Doctoral degrees: Which one is right for you?

American Nurse

For example, maybe you’re an advanced practice RN (APRN) interested in translating research into practice to facilitate improved care quality and patient outcomes. Or maybe you’re a nurse educator in an intensive care unit and you’d like to pursue a nurse scientist role and eventually enter academia.

APRN 52
article thumbnail

Is Nursing Students’ Mental Health in Jeopardy?

Nurse.com

Nursing school students, however, had higher levels of depression, anxiety, and stress than nursing faculty and medical students. Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, APRN. Purdue Global offers employee and student assistance programs designed to provide a variety of support options.

article thumbnail

ANA’s Summary of $1.5 trillion Omnibus Includes Several Nursing Priorities

Capitol Beat

Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Program – The bill includes $13 million, an increase of $4 million within the total for Advanced Education Nursing to expand training and certification of RNs, APRNs, and Forensic Nurses to practice as sexual assault nurse examiners.

article thumbnail

How Nurses Can Improve LGBTQ+ Health Disparities

Nurse.com

Here’s what some nurses are doing to bridge the gap in LGBTQ+ health disparities. As a queer nurse and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) nurse educator, Clare Madrigal, BSN, RN, knows the disparities and barriers that LGBTQ+ patients face in accessing health care.

APRN 111